Monday, April 28, 2014

Children's Museum

Our next big thing this past weekend was our monthly play date with Miss Audrey and of course Mama time with Heather!  We met in Greenville at The Children's Museum and of course I took my big girl camera and took lots of pictures of the girls playing...it wouldn't be a play date without it, right?
Anyways, we were walking in and I convinced Heather to take out the squeakies in Audrey's shoes...I know I am mean!  But, I knew I would have gone insane a whole day with those shoes squeaking.  I guess I am a mean Mama for always taking them out of Paige's shoes!!  Oh well! 
So we decided to take some pictures before we even made it in the museum..

   
 
  
I mean..are these not the prettiest little girls ever.  I may be biased though! 

It was time for some grocery shopping...I think both girls loved doing this part!  I loved watching them push their little buggies and figuring out which food they needed!
   
 
 
 I loved this picture so much.  They have to check out what each other has in their buggy..don't want to miss out on anything you know!

Now onto the doctor section...this area was a little hard to get Paige to leave without taking a stuffed animal...which are her favorite!
 
  
Then we went to the five years and under play area.  We thought we would let them participate in the activity they were having, but it involved food coloring and vinegar..so we passed on that one and just let them play on the slide and in the little house for a while....and of course ate some goldfish!
  
 
  
 
Next stop, was the construction site.  
   
 
  
We had to learn about brushing teeth, right? 
 
 
 
And finally, it was time to play in the water! Poor Audrey was over it by this time...her waking up at 5:30 had finally caught up with her.  
  
 
  
 
We walked around to the other side of the water section and found some blocks to play with and I think Audrey got her second wind and was having a ball!
   
 
  
We had a great time at The Children's Museum.  I know Paige will love going back there again.  We loaded the girls up and went to see Heather and Audrey's new house.  They just moved in about 2 weeks prior and I couldn't wait to see it.  We loved it and are so happy for them!  Heather made us spaghetti and since their house is larger than their previous one..they don't have a breakfast table yet, so we ate on the floor.  Yes, we could have sat in her pretty dining room, but she only had one highchair (obviously) and there was white carpet and we were eating spaghetti...can you say mess!  So I asked if we could sit on the floor..I didn't want to be the reason her carpets were destroyed!  It was a yummy lunch and it was nap time for Audrey.  We played with Paige in the living room and outside until it was time for Paige to nap (sorry again for waking up Audrey..I feel awful about that!).  We said our goodbyes and made plans for the lake for our next play date and headed home.  We had a great day and cant wait for next month's play date!

The rest of the day, we just played at the house with Daddy and went to eat BBQ for supper and then of course played outside some more that evening.  I love being outside all the time with Paige...she does so much better outside than being cooped up inside!  

Next post will be about our last part of the long weekend...a day at the lake!

No comments :

Post a Comment