Monday, January 9, 2012

Miscellany Monday

Wes and I had a pretty tame weekend.  We just hung around the house Friday evening and around 8:00 all we could think about what was Bruster's Ice Cream.  Mainly because we have a gift card burning a whole in our pockets!  It was so yummy!
 Saturday I worked at out Girl Scout Cookie rally from 12-3.  There were about 50 girls learning all about how to sell cookies.  I think their favorite part was the snack...Girl Scout cookies and ice cream!

Saturday night Wes and I headed to our friend's house, Ryan and Ashley.  They both work a lot with Young Life and hosted a huge event at their house.  They had about 300 Christmas Trees piled up to look like one HUGE Christmas tree and had a huge fire.  When we first got there, they had soup and crackers and a band playing until everyone got there.  There were probably 100 people there to watch this.  At one point Wes and I really felt old.  We were sitting around a small fire pit talking to a couple friends and then looked around and we were being taken over by high schoolers!  There were about 20 students at the fire..we decided to move locations...all we could hear was "he said what?, OMG, etc etc"  We couldn't help but laugh!

Then it was time for the big lighting of the greens!  The pictures don't do it justice (probably since it was on my cell)  but it was huge, amazing, and loud!!





Can you see how small the people are next to the fire??  Don't worry we had a fire truck out there just in case (and it wasn't needed!)

Sunday is our day to "sleep in"  so we did!  By sleeping in, we stayed in bed until like 7:30 or 8.  Wes usually rushes to get up by 6:30 or so, so I look forward to Sunday mornings around the house with Wesley :)  

Then we headed to Newberry to go to Lowe's because our Lowe's didnt have what he needed.  That was the highlight of the day yesterday because we were lazy bums the rest of the day.  Wes even cooked supper...it was a great day!

I am so excited that I am visiting Natalie tomorrow to get my hair done!  Someone tipped Wes the other day (his first time ever) and he didn't know what to do with the money..so he gave it to me and said "go get your hair done or something, you always want to do that"  YAY!  I love the excuse for someone to wash my hair...don't you??



Hope everyone has a great Monday!!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase lettersMingle 240

1 comment :

  1. My favorite part of getting my hair done is them washing it. At the salon I go to they massage your neck for a minute or two and it is heavenly! Plus they always use shampoo that makes my hair look and smell amazing!

    ReplyDelete