Monday, January 23, 2012

Relay for Life

I have always said that I needed to participate in Relay for Life and I am finally doing it this year!  I wish I had a better reason and that Jodi didn't have to be diagnosed with Leukemia to finally make me do this..but that's what happened!
 

It really is a wonderful cause and it is amazing how much money is raised during these events. So this year I hope we surpass our team goal and raise so much money that everyone at our event will be talking about the team, "Rockin' with the Stars"! 


Ok..here is the story behind our team name.  Jodi has done so much these past 4 years...she quit smoking one year, she went back to school and graduated from Clemson the next year, she lost 120 pounds in less than one year, and then this past year she had a stem cell transplant and totally beat cancer...so can you see why her nickname is "Rockstar"?  That is a very busy 4 years! :)


So if you would like to support myself, our team and of course cancer research please click here!

Even if you don't donate to our team please consider donating to someone's team! :)
Mingle 240

4 comments :

  1. Way to go on participating for Relay for Life, I hope the event is a big success! Just visiting from Mingle Monday, have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from the blog hop. Hooray for participating in the Relay for Life. Our small town hosts one every year and it always amazes me how much money we are able to raise. Such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the Relay! I love our events around here, though I usually end up volunteering instead of actually participating these days...
    I'm hopping by from Meg's Mingle Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I work for ACS and I love being apart of such a great cause :) Jodi really is a rockstar!!!

    ReplyDelete