Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baby Talk: Party Planning

Isn't it crazy how extravagant First Birthdays are these days?  People go all out and spend so much money (no offense if you are one of those Mamas!).  Don't get me wrong, I want the perfect birthday party for Miss Paige but I don't want it to break the bank either.  Her birthday party is going to be on September 14th and will probably be at our house with a few friends and family.
I know she will not remember anything from her birthday party, but I know she will enjoy looking at pictures and videos when she gets older!  I feel like party planning is more for other Mama's..."I have to have that decoration because Susie Q did...or I know my party will be better than hers..."  Does anyone else feel this way?  I find myself thinking that a lot while I am planning Paige's party, I hate to admit it but it is true.  Then I have to step back and remember that she is ONE and she will love anything that we do!
I am trying to do mostly DIY projects (sometimes it is cheaper just to buy...but it is the thought that counts right?).  
I am spending the majority of the money on having birthday/one year pictures taken in a couple weeks.  I think that is the most important part...if you know me, I love pictures!  The other things I have purchased is a birthday hat, BB bought her dress, and I bought plates and napkins.  The rest I am trying to make myself!
So far I have made the birthday banner, a banner for her high chair, a tutu, and the display for her monthly pictures.  A friend of mine is making her a chalkboard for her birthday gift!  I will also make her cake and smash cake.  I don't plan to have much food there, just a few things since it will be in the afternoon.
Don't get me wrong, I am loving every second of planning this birthday party, but I am more excited about having our friends and family together to celebrate Miss Paige.  I am excited to watch her eat cake and open presents...it will be HER day and I cant wait!  Most people probably wont even notice the things I made but I will know and Paige will know when she looks back at her pictures! 
I live on a tight budget and adding a birthday party in the mix will not break the budget...that is my main goal!  So am I the only one that feels like some parents spend sooooo much money on birthday parties?  Does the child even realize it or appreciate it?  They just need to be around people that love them and of course be wearing a tutu and party hat ;)



 photo 8837077b_zpsad55eb7f.png

No comments :

Post a Comment