Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2 MONTHS!!

 
Miss Paige,
I don't know why you didn't listen to me when I asked you to slow down and not grow up so fast!  You are already 2 months old!! When I think back to being in the hospital with you that seems like forever ago but then it doesn't feel like you have been in our lives that long either...very strange. 

You haven't had your 2 month doctors appointment yet..you haven't been there since you were 3 weeks old.  Your appointment is the week after Thanksgiving.  Since you don't go until then, your Daddy and I weighed you ourselves.  You weighed 10 pounds 12 ounces!  You gained 2 pounds this month!  Not sure your length but about a week ago you were right at 22 inches so I assume you are still 22. I just can not get over how big you are getting!!  You can still wear some newborn clothes like onsies and dresses but if the newborn clothes has pants or are footed..your long legs don't fit!  You are mostly in 0-3 month clothes and some 3 months clothes.  You are still in size 1 diapers also...we still have a lot of that size left too.  I love not having to buy diapers :)

You are still a great sleeper.  You still sleep a lot during the day.  You wake up around 8 in the morning to eat and are pretty alert for about 30 minutes then you take a couple hour nap.  You take about 3 or 4 long naps during the day still.  If you are awake more than 45 minutes you typically are not a happy baby because you want to go back to sleep.  Your last nap of the day is usually around 730 or 8 and wake up around 930 for a little while.  I feed you around 10 and you are out for the night.  You usually sleep from 1030-4 or 5 which is wonderful (except last night you fought it until after midnight!!).  You wake up around 4 or 5am to eat and then  you can barely hold your eyes open and you pass out until 8ish.  You really are a lot more alert than you were last month but I think you take after your Momma because you love your sleep too!
 
I am still trying to get you as much breast milk as possible.  You are now eating 5 ounces every 4 hours (except that long stretch at night!).  Most feedings I am able to pump around 4 ounces for you...some times less and sometimes more.  Thankfully I am still getting that much for you and hope to be able to keep going like this!  I love only having to supplement with formula just a little bit.  You have defiantly improved on your burping.  It used to take you a while to burp but now you are really fast..which really helps out your Momma!

Over this past month, I left you with someone else for the first time ever!! The first time I left you was when your Daddy and I went to buy new cell phones, so we were only gone for about an hour and a half...and I survived!!  Then I left you with your Mimi for an ENTIRE DAY!  I went to Clemson for a football game and I never cried at all.  Now I was so ready to get home to you and thought about you constantly but we did it Miss Paige!!  Now I am on my second day back at work.  Gerri is keeping you at our house most days and it is wonderful.  Well, not the going back to work part but her keeping you is!  I hate that I have to work and feel so guilty I am not with you to take care of you.  It is what your Daddy and I have to do until we get some things paid off but it kills me not to be the one to take care of you.  I wish I could be a stay at home mom...and one day I hope to be able to do that but we just cant right now and I'm sorry Miss Paige.  I know you are having a great time with Gerri and really don't know I am not there since you sleep most of the time I am gone and I get to some see you at lunch!  We will make it through this baby girl :)

You still make the cutest little facial expressions!  You smile a lot (not sure if you mean to but I love it!)  You also "talk" to me all the time.  I love just holding you and watching your expressions.  You still LOVE to stretch!  I wish I could stretch as well as you do...looks like it feels so good.  You are one baby that loves to get  your diaper changed...I think that's your favorite thing.  You lay there and stretch and smile for a while and I just wait until you are finished to change you. I am so impressed at how well you are holding your head up! Sometimes you still get a little "wobbly" but your little neck is getting so strong!  You are still a bit jumpy but not near as bad as you were the first month.  I kinda miss seeing your arms go spastic when you hear something..it was pretty cute :)


You still sleep in your Nap Nanny by our bed.  I know you should move to your crib soon but I think since I am away from you during the day, I want you close at night!  I love the fact that I can look over and see you sleeping!  One day soon you will sleep in your crib!  You have realized you like your swing now!  I can sit you in there and you just look at everything in amazement and then smile!  Then you snooze there for a while too.  You still love your pacis and of course looking at the blinds too!



You had a few more firsts this month too (which I already blogged about).  Your first play date with Audrey, first trip to the mountain house, trip to Greenville to shop, first time eating out, trip to Clemson, first photo shoot at Howards Rock!  Cant wait for your firsts this month...your first holiday will be soon!!






You are the best thing to ever happen to me and your Daddy and we love you very much.  Even though I don't want you to grow up so fast I love watching you and seeing how you develop every day! 

1 comment :

  1. The second video is set to private, so we can't see it!

    ReplyDelete