Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Blessing Box

I have never participated in this link up before but I feel like I needed it today.  You ever have those days when you are only thinking of what is wrong?  Like in my life for instance, I need to loose weight, my car is broken down, everything seems to be getting more expensive, just money in general....well, I hate thinking of all the negative things because everything will work out, they always do.  So when I saw this link-up today, I knew it was a sign for me to look at all of my blessings!

I am so thankful for my job.  I never really write about that on my blog, but I am able to create a very flexible schedule when I need to.  If I had it my way, I would be a stay at home mom but reality is..I have to work.  Since I have to work, this job couldn't be a better fit!  I just let my boss know if there is something going on with Paige and I just work my schedule around that.  I have signed up to volunteer at a few of Paige's class parties this year and it is so nice knowing that I don't have to take of time at work, I just change my schedule!  Same goes for going to the doctor or if Paige is sick and needs me for an afternoon.  

So for that reason (along with several other reasons), I am so thankful for my job.  I work a lot of nights in the fall and I was dreading that, but it was actually kind of nice.  I just worked in the morning while Paige is at school and then play with her all afternoon and then go back to work that evening.  It really is nice!

Another great part of my job is that I am very close to her school, so I pick her up everyday and spend my lunch break with her and then head back to work while Gerri or my mom keeps Paige at my house in the afternoon.  

So whenever I feel like I need to complain about my job, I just have to remember all the positives that come with having a job like mine.  It also helps that I like what I do, but more importantly I can be a hands-on Mama to Miss Paige!


 photo 8837077b_zpsad55eb7f.png

2 comments :

  1. It sounds like your job is definitely a blessing! It sounds like a perfect balance of being able to still be the mom you want to be, but contributing financially as well! God is good to work those things out for us, isn't it? Thanks for joining our link up! I hope you'll come back next week, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to get in a funk and focus on the negative. Happens to me more than I would like to admit. Glad that your job is somewhat flexible and has perks like being close to Paige! Glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete