Monday, October 31, 2011

Tired and sore...

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters  
1.  Footloose!  Wes was busy cooking a pig all night for a Young Life fundraiser so Sarah and I decided to have a girls night.  We went to eat at Chili's and had my favorite meal....
I love their quesadilla explosion salad..yum!  Then we went to see Footloose.  I didn't know what to expect, I am not a big fan of movies with a lot of dancing but I loved this movie!! It was great.  Ironically I am a big Dancing with the Stars fan (even though I don't usually like movies with a lot of dancing and singing) so I am a big Julianne Hough fan!  She was great!  But my favorite was this guy:
 Willard!  If you know my husband, you would know that I have a thing for country guys!  Wes and Willard had a lot of similarities!  So if you haven't seen this movie yet...you must go!

2. Bus ride:  My Dad, Sam and I were going to drive to Atlanta on Saturday for the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game but I really wasn't looking forward to driving until 3am.  Dad's friend has a company called Tiger Trails and they take people to Clemson games and provides a meal.  So we took him up on his offer and rode with them to the game.  They had Chick-fil-A for us..yum!  They dropped us off at a red light near the Varsity so we could meet up with some people.  It was so nice not having to drive in Atlanta!  It was even nicer not having to drive home, because I knew Dad and Sam wouldn't be able to stay awake to keep me awake to drive home.  Dad was sitting in front of us snoring and Sam was snoozing away too.  Of course I was awake the whole time, but I didn't have to drive!
3.  My Tigers are number 11:  Ok so last week we were number 5...that was exciting!  I was one of the fans that had a feeling that we wouldn't go undefeated this year.  I also had a bad feeling about the game this past weekend.  Now, I really wish we could have won but I am not going to make excuses either.  Ga Tech came ready to play and they won..we lost.  I hate when people say..we lost BUT we are the better team blah blah blah.  Yes, we are ranked higher and have a better record, but we were not the better team on Saturday..that's why we lost.  Oh well, we have our bye week this week.  I know our boys will be ready to come and play their hearts on next week.  I love my tigers and our coach!   Here is a reason why: Dabo "Gotta win with class and you gotta lose with class"

4. Arms are sore!:  Yesterday Wes and I went to our friends Ryan and Ashley's house where they hosted the Young Life event this weekend that Wes cooked the pig for.  The event was a skeet shooting event.  I have only shot a gun like 2 times before and the four of us decided to run the whole course before they took it down.  I think shot 5 times at each of the first 4 obstacles and I had to quit.  My arm was so tired and today it is so sore!  I think I need practice! 
5. New shower stuff: Friday morning, I went to take a shower and the handle was gone!  Then I saw a pair of pliers with a note that said use this for shower.  Ugh...I couldn't get it work right, so I loaded all my shower stuff to our extra bathroom.  Yesterday, Wes and I went to get a new handle from Lowe's and I talked him into a new shower head.  Man it was so nice this morning!  We also got one of these for a extra bathroom




Since we don't have any kids or company spending the night, the only reason we really use that shower is to bathe our two dogs.  We have been using a cup but this works SOOOO much better for our two big dogs!  So of course we had to bathe them both last night to test it out...man it was nice!  So we have two new shower heads, a new handle/knob and two clean pups!

It was a pretty eventful weekend but I am tired and sore!  Happy Monday!

Mingle 240


 

1 comment :

  1. I'm glad to hear you liked the movie, I'm not into dancing movies either so I haven't seen it yet, but I might go now!

    ReplyDelete