Monday, April 22, 2013

Our Weekend

 


Man this weekend really flew by.  I was super busy the whole weekend which made time go by so quickly!
 
Friday night we decided to go out on the town!  Wes, Paige and I went out to eat some Chinese.  We actually went to the restaurant and not take out!  Paige loves going out to eat.  She sits in her high chair and people watches!  She is the nosiest little person ever!  Then we just relaxed at home and watched Miss P crawl everywhere.  Man is she growing up.
 
 Saturday, we packed up Miss Paige and she spent the day with her Mimi and Granddaddy.  Wes and I were meeting up with my parents to take our Concealed Weapons Permit class!! I was really excited about taking the class but hated that it was going to take my whole Saturday that I normally spend with P!  The class was from 9-5 but it went by fast.  I don't know if I will ever carry a gun, but I just want to be more comfortable with guns and learn as much as I can.  I think I want to get one for my car to leave in the console since I travel some at night on back road, so we shall see.
My goal going into the class was to shoot better than my Mom and possibly better than my Dad.  I was being realistic and knew better than to want to shoot better than Wesley.
Finally it was time for target shooting!  Wes went first (well first out of our group) and everyone was talking about how good he was doing...he even shut up the cocky and annoying guy that NEVER shut up the entire day. 
And then it was time for me, Mom, Dad and David (works with my parents) to go.  I did great..not to toot my own horn or anything, ok maybe a little!  I was so proud of myself.  Every time the instructor came to reload our guns, he kept telling me how great I was doing.  
Most people in the class made a 100%, I think the lowest was 94% so of course everyone passed.
I surpassed my goal, I shot better than my Mom, Dad, David and listen to this...I SHOT BETTER THAN WESLEY!  Wes admits it finally!  If you compare out targets, I have more shots in the center and only 6 shots in the second (#9 circle).  Wes had 9 in the second circle, but the shots that he had in the center were closer together.  We debated and debated trying to decide what is better, more closer together or more closer to target.  Everyone that we asked picked my target as better..so I beat him!  Wes said that the two of us shot the best in the class!  Since Wes didn't shoot the same time I did, he was able to hear what people were saying about us while we were shooting.  He said everyone was talking about the girl in black (me) shooting so well.  So don't mess with me..I can shoot as long as the target isn't moving! haha
Of course Wes blamed his gun and said the sight was off...he can say what he wants but we all know the truth. haha
 
Then it was time to take the test.  Dad made a 100% on the written test, I missed one and made a 98, Mom and Wes missed two.  So I beat Wes again...woohoo! :)
 
What a fun day we had on Saturday.  It was nice to spend some time with Wesley (even if it was in class) without Paige.  As much as I love my time with Paige on the weekends, Wes and I need some time too!  But I made Wes rush to Mimi's so I can love on my sweet girl!
Sunday rolled around and Wes went to Georgia to ride 4-wheelers and I was going to spend the day with Paige.  We played around that morning and I got to cuddle with her for her nap then we went to visit Jodi.
 
We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch with Jodi and two of her friends, Tiffani and Katherine.  Of course Paige loved watching everyone but it was busy and took a while to get the food and she got a little restless but still did great!  After lunch, we walked over to Lowe's so Jodi could get a couple things and Miss P was worn out!  I looked at her in the store and her little eyes were so heavy.  By the time we left the store and walked back across the parking lot to Cracker Barrel, Miss P was out! She was past ready for nap time!
We hung out at Jodi's for a little while then Mom came over and we headed over to Mema's to visit and take a few pictures in her pretty yard.  Our cousin's Brooke and Josh had the same idea.  They were taking pictures of their boys Gabe and Isiah as well!  Sorry for the picture overload but here are a few of my favorites:













 Photo shoot was over and so was visiting time with Mema and we headed home.  I finally did some much needed laundry and cleaned up the kitchen until Wesley got home.  We just relaxed and hung out around the house last night.  See...just a normal evening:
What a fun and busy weekend we had...can't wait for this weekend already!

 photo 8837077b_zpsad55eb7f.png

No comments :

Post a Comment