Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Ok..so I have been MIA from blog-world the past few weeks.  There has been a lot going on.  Wes's birthday, MY Birthday, Jodi moving back to Clemson (yay for her!), and not feeling to well all lead to me not blogging.  So I figured today would be a great day to try and start back.  I thought this link up was cute! :)
 
 
 

 
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Wes and I met in January of 2005 but we didn't have the best relationship, we were very on again off again for awhile.  We got back together for good in September of 2007
A few weeks after we met
  2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
In a bar!  Who says you cant find love in a bar??  I actually met him one weekend when I was at home visiting my friend Jamie and she wanted to go to this nasty bar in Greenwood to see her friend Jonathan.  Well, Jonathan is Wes's best friend and the four of us hung out that night.  Little did I know that Wes and Jamie really hated each other.  So the fact that they both agreed to hang out again Saturday afternoon and night was awesome!  So thanks Jamie :)

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We have almost been married for 3 years! Crazy! We got married on May 16, 2009 :)

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married at my hometown church at it was beautiful!  We had a fairly large wedding and just about everyone we asked attended.  Somewhere around 200 people

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Not really.  He calls me "J" a lot and I call him Wesbo, but we aren't the ones who calls each other sweetie, babe, that kind of thing.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is very hard working..sometimes takes work way to seriously though and forgets to have fun.
He is very close with his family.
He loves me all the time :) 

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Well, Wes isn't the most romantic person ever...he is actually the opposite of romantic.  Which is fine with me, but sometimes I wish he was just a little bit.  The night he proposed, we were just hanging out at his parents house and he slipped the ring on my finger.  I was so excited and said something like, "well aren't you going to say something?"  You know hoping for something a little romantic....well here is what he said "you know what it means".
I mean, I wouldn't change anything at all because he picked out the ring by him self, and the proposal was very "wes like"  It is just not the typical proposal story but I love it :) 

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Neither.  We don't celebrate Valentines.  Ok, after typing all of this, it really sounds like we have a boring relationship.  But neither of us really care for this holiday.  I was single about my whole life and never liked it.  I think it forces people to say I love you.  Well, we tell each other that every day..I would rather hear it every day then one day a year like some people :)  
Plus my birthday was last week and his bday was a couple weeks ago...we are broke! 

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I love staying home and relaxing on the couch, but I wouldn't pass up on a night on the beach either

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
His dream is to go back to Alaska...so I guess there.  

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
We are both working today, then going home and cooking supper, eating, watching tv with our pups!  Sounds like a good night to me

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
Don't wait until Valentines to tell someone you love them.  Love them everyday! Life is too short to wait on a "holiday"

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
 

1 comment :

  1. I love this post! You guys sound a lot like us. We don't over do Valentine's Day. In Fact, I cannot stand Vday! I think it's a lame excuse for Hallmark to make tons of money. Tell me you love me everyday and it means more than that $6 card on Feb. 14th. lol

    ReplyDelete