Monday, March 19, 2012

Relay for Life

I was trying to think of a non-pregnancy non-baby post for today and then I realized I haven't written about Relay for Life in a while.

I think most of you know by now, but my sister was diagnosed with AML (leukemia) on April 20 of last year.  She and my parents immediately (like the next day) moved to Houston, TX so she could get the world's best treatment for AML at MD Anderson.  She had a few rounds of chemo then we found out that we were perfect matches for a stem cell transplant...so she had her transplant on August 8th.  She finally was able to come "home" (my parents house) in November and moved back to her home in February. 

She is almost back to normal life and even has a cute hairstyle now...see
So all that being said Relay for Life is very important to our family.  Without the money raised by so many people, there wouldn't be many funds for cancer research.   So if you would like to help support our team please click here.  Trust me every dollar helps!
 

3 comments :

  1. Relay For Life rocks :) I work for ACS and I'm a huge advocate of the events!!! Good luck with your team!! And yay for Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad to hear how great your sister is doing.

    ReplyDelete