Monday, September 16, 2013

Birthday Party

It is sad to say, but Paige's first birthday party has been on my mind for months!  I have been so excited about it for some reason.  I guess it is because of the huge milestone of turning one!  I wanted her to have a great party and of course it had to be on a budget too!   I did splurge on invitations because I feel like that is what is the first thing people see and think about the party...well, I got a great deal on it so it really wasn't splurging.  I think I spent $20 on the design and printing total. 
 

The party was this past Saturday morning from 10-11:30.  We just had it at our house and had some toys set up outside and inside.  Snacks for people to enjoy and then we opened presents and had cake and ice cream.  It turned out great and Paige had so many loved ones there and got some great gifts.  Here are some pictures of everything I did to decorate and then some of the party!
Entrance...banner I made

A thank you note from Paige and pictures for everyone to take home

Monthly Pictures Displayed

A couple of the presents before everyone else arrived and of course her chalkboard

A year in pictures!

Table before all the food was added...love my dum dum sucker decorations :)

Cake and the birthday knife (we ended up with two!)

Cake again
 
Smash Cake I made

Birthday girl before guests arrived


Now with all the food



Again

 Now for the actual party!  Let the fun begin! Paige was a little overwhelmed with everyone so we went outside to play in her wagon and that really opened her up some!  I still can not believe that my baby girl is a year old!  Where did this  year go?

A little overwhelmed
Sweet Cousins
Doesn't everyone open presents in their wagon?
Why is everyone singing and smiling at me?
Wyatt is showing Paige how to eat the cake
I will try a little...I am not in the mood!
I am over this cake smashing...where are my new toys?





 



5 comments :

  1. Such a cutie! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Love the theme and colors!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww looks like a lot of fun and she is so cute! I was thinking about getting Carter one of those chairs with his name on it for Christmas! Where did you get it? I saw them on Pottery Barn Kids. Thanks for linking up with Mommy Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Munchkin was not into her cake smash either! She cried and refused to eat it. Oh well. I love your decorations:)

    I'm stopping by from Mommy Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG too cute!!! Hope she had a great bday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little girl is precious! Happy Birthday to her. :) My daughter also received a wagon for her first birthday and she LOVES it. My husband and I take her, along with the dog, for a wagon ride every night.

    Becky @ http://mysweetmoose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete