Wednesday, February 13, 2013

5 MONTHS!!!


Dear Miss Paige,
Wow...my tiny little baby is no longer tiny! You are 5 months old today!!  How is that even possible.  There is no way you should be almost half a year old yet.  It is weird, it seems like you should only be a newborn still but then it feels like you have always been apart of our life!  Hard to remember life before you sweet Miss P!
 
You had your 4 month check up a couple weeks ago and you weighed 14 pounds 8 ounces (53%) 24 1/2 inches long (41%) and your head was 16 1/2 (62%).  We weighed you last night and you were a little over 15 pounds...growing girl!  You did pretty good with your shots this time around.  You cried while getting them but then were all smiles.  No fevers this time...I think because I gave you Tylenol before hand.  


You can still fit in a few 3 month clothes but seem to be more comfortable in 3-6 months and 6 months.  Your sleepers are all that size because even though you have room in the 3 month your poor feet were scrunched up in there!  You have such cute clothes and I love dressing you up..someone even told me you were my baby doll because I love putting you in cute clothes :)  You wear size 2 diapers and I have a feeling you will be in those for a while...you have lots of growing room which is good because we have a lot of that size in your closet. 


You still eat 6 ounces of breast milk/formula 5 times a day.  I am still able to pump most of your milk for you which I am so thankful for!  I usually have to supplement 8 ounces a day on average.  You also started eating rice cereal!  You didn't care for it the first time or really the first bite each time you eat but you are a big fan!  I apparently don't get the spoon up to you quick enough because you come to the spoon with your mouth wide open.  You eat cereal twice a day..the second time right before bed and man you pass out pretty quick after than and your bottle!  You are so much fun to feed...you make a big mess and love it!  In a couple more weeks I will introduce some veggies to you!  Oh...I don't know what you love more..eating or sitting in your high chair.  You LOVE it!  Speaking of eating...if you have something in your hand, it goes straight to your mouth!  You can even see something, pick it up and bring to your mouth.  Such a smart baby girl!

Well, we were finally rid of the Nap Nanny at night but you had your first cold!  You had such a nasty nose, cough and really congested that the doctor told me to make sure you stayed elevated at night.  So the only way I knew to do that was to bring back the nap nanny.  You slept much better and could breath a whole lot better.  Then we had to get you out of it and go through that whole process again.  Took a couple nights until you were used to sleeping flat again and what happened?  A week later you were congested again...ugh! You feel much better now...but you hate the nose cleaner or whatever it is called.  You cry just seeing it, but it helps you out so much!  We had to go to the doctor with your first cold because it just wasn't getting any better.  You were put on an antibiotic and it helped you so fast...you were back to sweet Paige.


You still take several naps during the day.  When I pick you up from school they tell me you usually napped for about 30 minutes after your bottle.  Then you nap for about an hour-hour and half when you get home.  Then late afternoon you will have another hour or longer nap.  Your favorite place to nap is in someones arms...it is my favorite too!

You had a HUGE milestone this month...teething!  I think that is what is causing your runny noses.  Right when you turned 4 months old you decided you need to be a big girl and start teething.  Not many 4 month old do this...why did you have to start so young??  You have two little teeth on the bottom.  No pictures yet...little hard to do that.  We think you may be teething again but we haven't felt any yet.  

I think you love your school.  You go every morning and each day at lunch when I pick you up Mrs Linda tells me how happy you were all day.  You just play so well.  Your BB picked you up last week and said all the babies (3 or 4) were crying so bad and you were just on the floor smiling and playing...see told you that you were perfect!  



Now the fun updates.  You are such a happy baby.  You are so much fun lately...I am loving it!  Even Daddy says he has fun with you now.  He was a little scared when you were smaller I believe.  You are smiling all the time and starting to laugh too.  I still can just watch you ALL day long...you make my day sweet girl! You love laying on your play mat.  Well you start off on your mat and then roll around all over the living room.  You will be across the room in less than a minute and you look like you are so very proud of your self too!  You also love the exersaucer thing.  You will sit there for a long time playing with the toys on it, but you get frustrated because you cant get the toys in your mouth since they are attached and will let us know when you get mad at it too!  You also got a new toy the other day from your cousins.  The jumper!  We will put you in there and you like that you can turn to look in living room or kitchen but you haven't figured out the jumping part yet but you will soon!

It is hard for me to pick out my favorite thing you do lately but I think it is your singing and talking.  You are constantly doing that and I love it.  Every time you are on that changing table you get going.  It is really high pitched and can be heard across the house...but it means you are happy!  You have started doing that when you wake up and it is so cute to hear over the monitor.  The past couple of days you have been doing it constantly..in car seat, in crib, at school, changing table, on the floor, eating cereal!  Here is a cute video of it!
You have to be sitting up these days.  You aren't strong enough to sit up by yourself but it wont be long.  I will hold you hands and you pull up and sit for a while.  You like to do that over and over.  If we prop you up or sit you in bumbo you will sit for a long time!  If you aren't sleepy and you are laying down (besides laying on play mat) you have a fit and try to sit up so bad.  You are also so close to crawling too! I cant believe I will have a mobile baby soon.  Every time you are on your tummy you get your legs under you like you are going to crawl but don't know what to do with your arms yet.  You are moving backwards but not crawling yet.

You are still a big stretcher!  It is the cutest thing too and your BB's favorite thing! Every time you lay down on your changing table you just stretch and stretch.  I hope that doesn't change....we love it! 







You had another first this month.  You helped celebrate your Daddy and Mama's 30th Birthday!  We went to Greenville with BB to shop on my birthday and you loved the mall.  It was feeding time so we feed you  your bottle in the mall and you only cared about people watching.  And people loved to look at you too!  Who can blame them right??
 

All of your firsts: teeth, cold, antibiotic, parents birthday, Greenville mall, trip to farm to watch us shoot at targets, laugh, rice cereal and I believe that is all!  What a big month though!

I know I say this on all of your monthly updates...but how are you 5 months old?!?! I am in shock of how fast my baby is growing up.  You know you don't have to grow so fast..I mean teeth at 4 months?  You could have waited until at least 6 months like most babies right? But I wouldn't change it for the world.  You are perfect in our eyes!  Your Daddy and I love you very much and can not wait to see what this next month will have in store for you.  Will you be sitting on your own or crawling?  Will you like your new veggies you can eat?  Cant wait to find out.  Hopefully we will have a cold-free month! We love you very much...more than you can imagine sweet girl!  Happy 5 months Miss P!

No comments :

Post a Comment