Friday, February 18, 2011

Bye Bye Pigg!

I know I am being a bit dramatic when I say this, but it doesn't look like I will be grocery shopping much at the Piggly Wiggly anymore. 


I have grown to love this store....I mean look at all the free stuff I got from shopping there (see this post).  
The reason I am going to switch grocery stores is because apparently they don't like sales as much as Bi-lo does.  I have always known the Pigg was a little more pricey than Bi-lo but it is just so convenient for me...and not usually busy :)
Well, last night I went to the Southern Savers class about extreme couponing and I think I may have a new hobby!  Going into this class, I thought you would have to spend hours clipping coupons and searching multiple stores for good deals...but I was wrong!  It actually sounds pretty easy!  Jenny (creator of Southern Savers) has really done the majority of the work for you.  She tells you what Bi-lo has on sale that week and what coupons to use with that sale.  She saves about $400 a month on groceries.  I am not expecting that..because we don't have kids and right now spend about $450 a month at the grocery store...if that much.  I would be happy saving $50! 
She also explained how you never have to pay for toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc ever again...I don't know about you, but I like the sound of FREE :)
OK...I will stop boring everyone with my "extreme couponing" news, but really, if you haven't checked our the website...you really need too!

Of course once I start saving money...I will let everyone know :)

2 comments :

  1. Oh wow. That's a great site! I'm bookmarking it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you that class is great. Wasn't Jenny funny? You don't have a Publix near you? That's really the way to go.

    ReplyDelete