Wes has to work late tonight so no celebrating for us! But we are going out of town OVER NIGHT on Saturday without Miss Paige! We were invited to go to the NASCAR race in Charlotte by his boss. So we will be with him and a lot of their clients, so Wes told me to act right haha. I have never been to a race but have always heard you should at least go to one...so marking this off my bucket list! I am a little worried about how I will handle my first night away from Miss Paige. I know she will have a great time at her Mimi's but I am worried about me more than her! It will be good for Wes and I to have fun with other adults for a change.
In honor of our wedding anniversary, I wanted to share some things I have learned about Wesley over the years:
MenWes is moody! In my opinion men are moodier than women are...at least women have an excuse to be moody each month!
- Holidays are just not that important...He doesn't see the point in celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, or anything! Ugh!
WhenIf he unloads the dishwasher, wash bottles, change a diaper he needs LOTS of acknowledgement...I however do not get acknowledgment when I take out the trash let alone do all of the above.
- He will only let me take his picture if Paige is with him. That is why you never see pictures of just me and him these days! Just glad he will take pictures with Paige!
- Dirty clothes go on the floor touching the hamper...That makes a lot of sense right? I am not the neatest person, but I like the dirty clothes in the hamper. Wes puts his clothes on the floor so close to the hamper just not in it!
- When he is sick....he is SICK! Poor thing needs a lot of attention and sympathy that he does not give me when I am just as sick or worse. **Unless I just had a c-section and he is wonderful then** A Cherry Limeaide for Sonic is the best medicine ever though.
- No such thing as a vacation day from work. I mean why take a day off work when you could be working? There is no such thing as working too much and too hard. I disagree!
- A back rub/scratch can make any day better. He thinks he needs one every day too. He told me last night that I must not love him as much as I did when we first got married because he never gets a back rub anymore... He gets at least 2 or 3 a week by the way!
- Everything is "alright". That is his answer to everything...how are you, how was supper, how was the movie, everything!! The only thing he has a different answer for his when you ask him how his day went and then you get this response.."what a day, what a day".
- He absolutley loves to cook and wishes he could be a chef. I love it too...that means I don't have to do it! The only thing is, when he shops and cooks all on his own, he spends my weekly budget of groceries on one HUGE meal! At least he is a good cook ;)
- He isn't romantic or lovey dovey but he expresses his love by making sure I have everything I need. When I have to drive a lot that week for work, he always checks my oil, tire pressure, fills my car up with gas and all that good stuff to make sure it is as safe as possible.
Happy Anniversary Wesbo! Here's to many, many more!