Friday, May 31, 2013

Choo Choo...


A friend of mine asked if I would be interested in making a birthday cake for her son's party.  I haven't decorated cakes that much lately and was excited to have a project.  She gave me a train she wanted to put on the cake and said it was obviously a train themed party and it needed to feed 40 people.  We decided on a two tiered cake and one tier was chocolate chip pound cake and the other tier was regular pound cake with yummy butter cream icing of course!

Gerri was sweet enough to stay a little later yesterday to help me entertain Paige so I could finish the decorating!  The night before I baked all the cakes (the chocolate chip pound cake stuck to the pan and was destroyed so Wes and I just put in a bowl and had a treat!  But then I had to start all over..including going to the grocery store for more ingredients!)

Finally it was time to decorate...I think it turned out great!  I am pretty proud of it!





  I wonder what my next project will be....

 photo 8837077b_zpsad55eb7f.png

No comments :

Post a Comment